* where can I find current src
@ 2001-09-25  6:21 Reid Thompson
From: Reid Thompson @ 2001-09-25  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

from the web page

Downloading Source-NavigatorTM
Version 5.0 is the last stable release. You can
download source for stable releases. You can also
download pre-built binaries for Linux, Solaris, HPUX
or Windows.

Development releases are not guaranteed to be stable;
they are snapshots of what the Source-Navigator team
is currently working on. You should download the
sources from a mirror site. Don't try to download from
sources.redhat.com directly, the FTP site is there for
mirrors only.

We suggest that users in the United States use the
following HTTP based mirror:
http://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/sourcenav

can someone point me to a site/url that has current
development src or binary development releases?    Or
is April the latest code?

thanks
reid

* SN Status update [Was: where can I find current src]
@ 2001-09-25  9:34 ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-09-25  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reid Thompson; +Cc: sourcenav

Reid Thompson wrote:
> can someone point me to a site/url that has current
> development src or binary development releases?    Or
> is April the latest code?

Short story:- There is no development release.

Long story:- I managed to find time to do some bug
fixes (mainly annoying GUI problems) over the summer, and
would like to do another release some time over the next
few months.  All work on Source-Navigator is voluntary, that
means I don't get paid for this.  Also currently I'm the
only person/maintainer actively working on Source-Navigator.

Please don't relate any Source-Navigator development I do to
Red Hat (as some people point out, they don't care right now).
Red Hat is kind enough to provide the host sources.redhat.com
and bandwidth for Source-Navigator project (amongst many other
projects).

Some things I'm planning to do:

1) Put all the Source-Navigator (And Tcl/Tk/Itcl/Tix/etc.) code in
   CVS on sources.redhat.com.

2) Beg for help, otherwise we will not see another Source-Navigator
   release.   I'm not joking,  I can make source tar ball snapshots
   easily enough, but I can't do a SN5.1 release without help
   (testing being the main area I'd like help in).  I don't have a
   lot of time for this and I don't expect other people to contribute
   more time than I will, even with help a doing a release will take
   a while. More on this once I get SN into CVS.

3) Giving people CVS write access? would any body want it or use it?

4) Been a while since we had any T-shirts....

This is all one step at a time (and probably over a lot of time),
anyway nothing will happen unless I do step 1.

Thanks to all who have answered emails, reported, bugs, said nice
things, sent in patches, looked at code, downloaded SN, etc..
you have helped get us this far. :-)

Anyway, I'm letting you people know what is up in Source-Navigator
land,  I'm not complaining about anything, I'm not whining at
people for not helping me.  I enjoy working on SN, I just don't
have the time or the people I'd like to do work on it.

Thanks,

  Ian.

* Re: SN Status update [Was: where can I find current src]
@ 2001-09-25 10:27   ` Berek Half-hand
From: Berek Half-hand @ 2001-09-25 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Roxborough, Reid Thompson; +Cc: sourcenav

Ian, thanks for levelling with us. I hate to see Red Hat walk away from
SourceNav; it has such great potential. Too bad they don't see any money in
it. They should have left it with Cygnus.