* Re: Can't build the application
@ 2001-12-11  3:49 dieter.braisch
From: dieter.braisch @ 2001-12-11  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hallo SN users,

I find the SN a very good tool for programming and developping with
C/C++.
I have used it firstly under Linux and it works very fine.
Then I've downloaded the newest cygwin 1.3.6 and SN 5.0 and tried to use
it on Win2000. This task wasn't so easy.
I got the same problem with the global path.
Gcc, g++ and make .. no problem from cygwin-bash-shell and win-cmd-shell
But not visible from SN!
Then, uninstall Cygwin.
I tried an older cygwin 1.3.2 download, and voila, the problem is fixed.

Now, I work with the older cygwin.
Please tell me, if you can confirm this approach.
Or did I a mistake under cygwin 1.3.6?
I havn't tried cygwin 1.3.3 .. 1.3.5 yet.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year 2002 to all of you
Dieter

* Can't build the application
@ 2001-11-27  5:47 HuangQiang
From: HuangQiang @ 2001-11-27  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Source Navigator

I tried to build the application using SN, I got the error message output:

gcc -o hello.exe
gcc: No input files
make: ***[hello.exe] Error 1
++++End++++

Detail:
OS: win2000
cygwin
SN 5.0

hello.c:    void main(void){ printf("Hello World!");}
hello project

I tried the gcc -o hello.exe in the cygwin it also told me there is some
input file needed. The correct form should be like:
gcc hello.c -o hello.exe ( why the SN generate such command: gcc -o
hello.exe ?)

Thanks for your help

Best regards!

james