From: Ian Roxborough <irox@redhat.com>
To: <dieter.braisch@nexgo.de>
Cc: sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Can't build the application
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 20:24:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001 10:35:24 GMT <dieter.braisch@nexgo.de> wrote:

> Hallo SN users,
>
> I find the SN a very good tool for programming and developping with
> C/C++.
> I have used it firstly under Linux and it works very fine.
> Then I've downloaded the newest cygwin 1.3.6 and SN 5.0 and tried to use
> it on Win2000. This task wasn't so easy.
> I got the same problem with the global path.
> Gcc, g++ and make .. no problem from cygwin-bash-shell and win-cmd-shell
> But not visible from SN!

This is a problem many people have reported.

> Then, uninstall Cygwin.
> I tried an older cygwin 1.3.2 download, and voila, the problem is fixed.

Ah! thanks for the information on how to work around the problem.
This is the same version of cygwin I've been using.  Which is
maybe why I couldn't reproduce the problem.

> Now, I work with the older cygwin.
> Please tell me, if you can confirm this approach.
> Or did I a mistake under cygwin 1.3.6?

Where all the people who where having this problem
running cygwin version 1.3.6? (please speakup so
I can narrow down how much I have to do to fix
the problem..)

> I havn't tried cygwin 1.3.3 .. 1.3.5 yet.

Can any one else comment of these versions?
(Maybe this is a cygwin bug?)

Happy holidays,

  Ian,

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: Ian Roxborough <irox@redhat.com>
To: <dieter.braisch@nexgo.de>
Cc: sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 12:53:00 -0000	[thread overview]