* Re: Patches...[was: Re: SourceNav release ... ]
       [not found] <17B78BDF120BD411B70100500422FC6309E40F@IIS000>
@ 2002-01-09 14:22 ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2002-01-09 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernard Dautrevaux; +Cc: sourcenav

Hi,

This is the version of frink that I hacked to work with
Itcl3.0 code:

http://people.redhat.com/irox/frink/frink-1.2p40-itcl3.tar.gz

I did this work against frink version 1.2 and then version
2.0 came out and I didn't have enough time to move my changes
into the 2.0 version and submit them back.

There is still no requirement to run frink on your code
before submitting a patch.  Frink was mainly used for us
to unify the coding style (as SN has had many different
developers using different coding styles in the past).

Ian.

@ 2002-01-08  5:24 Bernard Dautrevaux
From: Bernard Dautrevaux @ 2002-01-08  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2002-01-07 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Roxborough; +Cc: sourcenav

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 13:14:12 -0800 Ian Roxborough <irox@redhat.com> wrote:

> Before that I need to write a "how to submit patches" web
> page so I can reject patches and point people to this page
> so they can get there patch into shape.  Just simple things
> like having a changelog entry, matching coding style and stuff.

It's here and always was:
http://sources.redhat.com/sourcenav/contrib.html

It was already there (scroll down to "Submitting Patches").

A number of people have submitted small patches without
ChangeLog entries.  Please resubmit your patch complete
with a plain text ChangeLog entry (i.e. not part of the diff)
if you wish to have your patch include in the CVS repository.

Thanks,

  Ian.