* No grep module?
@ 2002-02-22 16:16 Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2002-02-22 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

I was just poking around in the Windows build and I noticed that it is breaking
because there is no grep module. As far as I can tell, there is no grep module
in the gdb CVSROOT or the snavigator CVSROOT on sources.redhat.com.

The src/snavigator/configure.in file assumes that grep will always need to
be built under Windows. I think this is correct since we would want a
grep.exe that does not depend on Cygwin in the snavigator/bin directoy.
After all, we want SN to work on systems that don't have Cygwin installed.

If we do want to add a grep module to support building under Windows, then
perhaps we need to upgrade to a more recent version of GNU grep. I think
we removed all the old custom grep hacks that we were using, so we should
be able to upgrade.

cheers
Mo