From: Mo DeJong <supermo@bayarea.net>
To: sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Source-Navigator moves to SourceForge!
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 16:37:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Wed, 01 May 2002 09:11:25 +0200
khamis2@t-online.de (Khamis Abuelkomboz) wrote:

> Hi Mo,
>
> thank you mo for the great work.
>
> I see that you only checked in Source-Navigator and it's Database. What
> about the
> rest of the components? are you waiting until you are finished with the
> 5.1 Release?

No, the other modules are still hosted on sources.redhat.com. The snavigator and db modules exist just as they did in the source navigator CVSROOT. The tcl, tk, itcl, tix, and libgui modules live in the gdb CVSROOT. Red Hat does not own the copyrights to tcl, tk, itcl, and tix, so those modules are not and issue. The libgui module is a bit of a sticking point, but I have not dealt with that issue.

> Since there is noboy who works on SN in redhat, we should define a fix
> date to switch
> to the SourceForge mailing list.

Do you want to take care of that? Pick a date, post it to the list, and then be sure to post a reply telling folks about the new lists when folks unknowing post to the old one.

> If you add me to the admin and cvs list I would share you the work.
> However I want to
> release a patch to SN50E that fixes some problems, this would be the
> last change from
> my side until 5.1 is released.

For now, the only changes going in will be for the 5.1 release. The Tcl/Tk upgrade was a huge amount of work. Getting a release that incorporates those changes and fixes any bugs we can along the way is plenty of work for 5.1. We can talk about what to do after 5.1 on the sourcenav-devl list.

Mo