Hi, On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:43:56AM -0800, Michael English wrote: > I'm new to Source Navigator. I'm trying to use it to > analyse systems written in C++. My problem is that I > can't view the complete hierarchy of a project. Is > this because no preprocessing has been done? The > class name I'm looking for appears in a #define > statement. I'm using Source Navigator with a project where all class names and base class names are "#define"'d. My solution was to patch the c++ parser to call a configurable preprocesser as one doesn't want to replace e.g. "FILE" defines. I use 'filepp' (http://www.cabaret.demon.co.uk/filepp/) together with a special module which defines which macros are to be substituted (in my case "THIS" for the class name and "BASE" for the base class name). The substituition is only used for building the reference databases. The source file is left untouched. The system has problems with multi line macros but works quite well otherwise. I can provide the patch for the C++ parser and the module for the 'filepp' preprocesser if wanted. Regards, Chris -- Dipl.-Inf. Christopher Drexler, Lehrst.f. Mustererkennung _ __ __ ___ Institut f. Informatik, Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg | | | \/ | __| WWW : http://www5.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~drexler | |__| |\/| | _| GPG : http://www.keyserver.net |____|_| |_|___|