From: Bruce Edson <bruce@steptech.com>
To: sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
Subject: RE: Headaches building Source Navigator under Windows
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:21:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Thanks Ian.

I went to Cygwin site and figured out how to get the rest of the utilities.
So, now I am at the point where the 'configure' as described in the readme
file, breaks with the following errors.  Could you possibly give me some
direction on them? I've numbered the output for each issue I saw as it ran.

Directory tree I'm using:

C:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1   is where Cygwin and bin utilities are
installed
C:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1/source   is where the Source Navigator
source is
C:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1/snbuild    is where my build directory
is

I execute the configure from snbuild by invoking the following:

../sourc/configure --host=i686-pc-cygwin
--prefix="c:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1/opt/sourcenav"

1.
grep: /source/libstdc++-v3/configure.in: No such file or directory

2.
configuring in itcl/win
running /bin/sh ../../../../source/itcl/itcl/win/configure
--host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=i686-pc-cygwin
'--prefix=c:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1/opt/sourcenav'
--cache-file=../../../config.cache --srcdir=../../../../source/itcl/itcl/win
cd: can't cd to ../../../tcl/win

3.
configuring in itk/win
running /bin/sh ../../../../source/itcl/itk/win/configure
--host=i686-pc-cygwin
 --target=i686-pc-cygwin
'--prefix=c:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1/opt/sourc
enav' --cache-file=../../../config.cache
--srcdir=../../../../source/itcl/itk/win
cd: can't cd to ../../../tcl/win
cd: can't cd to ../../../tk/win

4.
Configuring libgui...
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing

5.
Configuring grep...
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing

6.
Configuring snavigator...
checking for Tcl configuration script... (cached)
/snbuild/tcl8.1/unix/tclConfig.sh
checking for Tk configuration script... (cached)
/snbuild/tk8.1/unix/tkConfig.sh
checking for Tcl headers in the source tree... (cached) configure: error:
Can't find any Tcl headers
Configure in /snbuild/snavigator failed, exiting.

Thanks.

Bruce