* RE: SourceNav with Windows 2K problems
@ 2000-11-17  9:21 Brent Burton
From: Brent Burton @ 2000-11-17  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

I have seen this too, also using native 4.5.2 on Win2k.
But what I noticed is that not only must the pointer be in the
window, it must move for SN to update any indicators.

There's a project that's used daily, so I'll refresh it.
I selected Refresh Project from the Tools menu, and select
another app.  Here's a description of what occurs:

Symbol Window:  the "Deleting" progress bar appears, disk
activity is high, but progress bar doesn't move.  Moving the
pointer into the window allows the bar to zip across, completing.

The Rescanning Project dialog appears: As David mentions,
file activity stops when the pointer is outside the window.
I noticed that it also stopped if the pointer was in the window
but didn't' move.  As soon as it moves, progress continues.

Symbol Window: the "Deleting" progress bar reappears, disk
activity is high, and the progress bar doesn't move.  I let
it sit and after about 5 minutes it jumped to 36%, disk
activity was again high, then paused until the pointer entered.
The "xref" progress bar, when it appeared, behaved similarly.

I had noticed this some time ago, even with versions 4.1 and 4.2.
Figuring it to be a quirk with Tcl/Tk on Windows, I lived with it.

Maybe Ben or Mo knows how these are updated (update idletasks?)
and maybe the issue will go away with Tk 8.x.

Hope this info helps.
-Brent

@ 2000-11-16 15:43 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2000-11-16 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

@ 2000-11-16 15:26 David Autry
From: David Autry @ 2000-11-16 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi,

I have found a few problems using SourceNav Version 4.5.2 with Windows 2K.
I\x12m using Exceed for Win32, Version 6.2.0.16 as my X environment.

1.  Whenever SourceNav is working with a large number of files, such as
scanning a project or greping, the mouse cursor must be in a SourceNav
window or it will stop processing files.  I can watch the CPU usage drop to
zero and hear the hard drive stop.  Give focus to a SourceNav window and
everything starts up again.

2.  In the Symbols window, sometimes (most) I cannot resize the File,
Directory, and Type columns.  The cursor never changes to the double arrow.
When I can resize them, they revert to their default size the next time
SourceNav is started.  Is there a way to save these settings?

3.  There is no control of font size/type when printing from Windows.  Is
this feature planned for a future release?

Thanks.

David Autry

----
| David Autry                  | Internet: dautry@mr.marconimed.com   |
| Marconi Medical Systems      | Voice: (440) 483-4195                |
| 595 Miner Road               | Fax:   (440) 483-5728                |
| Cleveland, Ohio, USA 44143   |                                      |