* build problems with SN452
@ 2000-09-19  8:37 Todd Dukes
From: Todd Dukes @ 2000-09-19  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: snavigator

I have two problems with building the SN452-source tarball
on Solaris.

1. TK8.1 seems to want static X11 libraries in /usr/local/lib.
   Solaris doesn't come with static X11 libraries, and the so's
   are in /usr/lib. I fixed this be replacing all of the
      -Wl,-Bstatic -L/usr/local/lib -lX11 -lXext -lX11 -Wl,-Bdynamic
-ldl
   in the Makefiles with
      -L/usr/lib -lX11 -lXext -lX11

2. I typed 'make check' after building to completion and saw the error
   message 'runtest not found'. I did a find for runtest in both the
   source and build directories and could not find it.

Neither of these are severely inconvenient, but they may confuse
some people who are trying to build from source.

'make install' did work much better this time that with 4.5.1

thanks,
Todd.

--
   | Todd Dukes                      E-MAIL:  tdukes@ibmoto.com |
   | Motorola Somerset                  Phone:   (512) 996-4865 |

* Re: build problems with SN452
@ 2000-09-19 11:56 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2000-09-19 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Todd Dukes; +Cc: snavigator

   2. I typed 'make check' after building to completion and saw the error
      message 'runtest not found'. I did a find for runtest in both the
      source and build directories and could not find it.

make check won't run for the S-N tree.  There is no testsuite currently.

Ben

* Re: build problems with SN452
@ 2000-09-20  4:43 ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2000-09-20  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Todd Dukes; +Cc: snavigator

Todd Dukes wrote:

> I have two problems with building the SN452-source tarball
> on Solaris.

Which version of Solaris? I build it on Solaris 2.5.1 and Solaris 2.7
just fine. Are you using gcc or the native compiler?

> 1. TK8.1 seems to want static X11 libraries in /usr/local/lib.
>    Solaris doesn't come with static X11 libraries, and the so's
>    are in /usr/lib. I fixed this be replacing all of the
>       -Wl,-Bstatic -L/usr/local/lib -lX11 -lXext -lX11 -Wl,-Bdynamic
> -ldl
>    in the Makefiles with
>       -L/usr/lib -lX11 -lXext -lX11
>
> 2. I typed 'make check' after building to completion and saw the error
>    message 'runtest not found'. I did a find for runtest in both the
>    source and build directories and could not find it.

Yup. We don't actually have a test harness right now (in the works) and
make check does not do anything.