* Cannot "add files"  in build window
@ 2001-02-02  7:06 Walter Cravero
From: Walter Cravero @ 2001-02-02  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi,

I downloaded and installed snavigator 4.5.2 (first time i am trying it) . I
tried to test it but I couldn't add the files of my project (a couple of
fortran files .f) from the "project files" field to the "target files" field in
the build window. I am probably making some silly mistake.

I am using SUSE linux 7.0 in a PIII box. SN  installed without any error
message.

Any suggestion???

Many thanks

Walter

* Re: Cannot "add files"  in build window
@ 2001-02-02  8:31 ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2001-02-02  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cravero, sourcenav

At 01:54 PM 2/2/01 +0000, Walter Cravero wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I downloaded and installed snavigator 4.5.2 (first time i am trying it) . I
>tried to test it but I couldn't add the files of my project (a couple of
>fortran files .f) from the "project files" field to the "target files"
>field in
>the build window. I am probably making some silly mistake.
>
>I am using SUSE linux 7.0 in a PIII box. SN  installed without any error
>message.
>
>Any suggestion???
>
>Many thanks
>
>Walter

The build system is not currently set up to compile fortran files.

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 415 777 9810 x 241
Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: Cannot "add files"  in build window
@ 2001-02-02 11:11   ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-02-02 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Syd Polk; +Cc: cravero, sourcenav

Yeah, Syd is right.

You can't add files to a target if SN doesn't know
what to do with the files.

If you have a fortran compiler you could use the
sn_add_simple_ide_rule to add a quick and dirty
fortran rule (.f), look in etc/sn_prop.cfg for
an example of using sn_add_simple_ide_rule with
lex and yacc.  Once you have added a rule, you
should see it in the Rules tab (in the target editor).

Ian.