* Kudos and more...
@ 2001-07-21 14:44 Warrick Lacey
From: Warrick Lacey @ 2001-07-21 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi Source Navigator Team...

My name is Warrick Lacey, I am an experienced developer and died in the
wool Linux/Unix/FreeBSD/xxx fan.
For sometime I have looked w/distain on most Microsoft developers,
working for the embodiment of evil himself but I have lusted after some
of the neat development tools which were available on the windows
platform (e.g. CodeWrite).

A friend of mine shot me a copy of Source Navigator and I initially
installed it and played w/it and found it useful. I love tools if they
are good, useful and not propietary, Source Navigator fit the bill. I
have since become more knowledgable and am now taking the time to make
it an integral part of my development tool kit (I consider this high
praise, my toolkit heretofore consisted only of emacs, make and gcc, a
small but mighty trio if ever there were) and in the course of
playing/tailoring it I wanted to share a few points.

Could never get Source Navigator (snag) to exhibit the proper behavior
of using the existing emacs window. Additionally, if you specify
emacsclient in the external editor, snag hangs... I was just trying to
get the thing to work I am using emacs-20.7.1 (maybe the problem is due
to my newer release of emacs, your online documentation mentions emacs
19.X)

THANKS for making a good useful tool,

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-07-21 14:44 UTC | newest]