* RE: Tcl parser
@ 2001-08-08 16:49 Keogh, Craig
From: Keogh, Craig @ 2001-08-08 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Emmanuelle'; +Cc: 'sourcenav@sourceware.cygnus.com'

> I want to modify the Tcl parser
> that it can parse procedures declared that way but I need a
> little help
> to do that; the source code of SN is very large and I don't know from
> where to start.

The TCL parser can be found in:

/source/snavigator/parser/tcl

There is documentation on how to add parsers:

/source/snvavigator/doc/html/enterprise/progref

But the TCL parser does not follow use this API. Do as we say, not as we do.
It inserts symbols with put_symbol. The TCL parsers uses a parser-generator
/ compiler-compiler, but it doesn't use yacc/bison. Puma or something. If
you wish to modify the code, you will need this tool.

Happy hacking,
Craig Keogh

* Re: Tcl parser
@ 2001-08-16  5:21 ` Emmanuelle
From: Emmanuelle @ 2001-08-16  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi:

Thanks for your answer. Sorry if I didn't write before but I'd problems
with my email account...
I've downloaded puma from http://www.first.gmd.de/cocktail/ Is this
version ok?

I've translated the menu items to spanish, it's not finished yet (I have
to verify the hotkeys). Where should I send it? Maybe I'll translate it
to french too if I have time.

--
Emmanuelle

"Keogh, Craig" escribió:

> > I want to modify the Tcl parser
> > that it can parse procedures declared that way but I need a
> > little help
> > to do that; the source code of SN is very large and I don't know from
> > where to start.
>
> The TCL parser can be found in:
>
> /source/snavigator/parser/tcl
>
> There is documentation on how to add parsers:
>
> /source/snvavigator/doc/html/enterprise/progref
>
> But the TCL parser does not follow use this API. Do as we say, not as we do.
> It inserts symbols with put_symbol. The TCL parsers uses a parser-generator
> / compiler-compiler, but it doesn't use yacc/bison. Puma or something. If
> you wish to modify the code, you will need this tool.
>
> Happy hacking,
> Craig Keogh

* Re: Cocktail is open source? [Was: Tcl parser]
@ 2001-08-16  8:47   ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-08-16  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs; +Cc: sourcenav

Emmanuelle wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Thanks for your answer. Sorry if I didn't write before but I'd problems
> with my email account...
> I've downloaded puma from http://www.first.gmd.de/cocktail/ Is this
> version ok?

Pretty interesting.  I didn't know that there was an open source/free
version of cocktail.  It seems to be from 1993 (or atleast that
was the last time the copyright notices where updated).

Has anybody tried this version of cocktail before.
This may give a new lease of life to some of our parsers.
It also looks like it will only compile clean on a Sun
system.

Ian.

* Re: Tcl parser
@ 2001-08-08 16:45 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-08-08 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Emmanuelle wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I'm a new user of Source Navigator; I'm using SN-4.5.2 on a Mandrake 7.2
> Linux box. This is a very useful tool for my job. I'm vorking on a Tcl
> application (ACS, www.arsdigita.com) in which procedures can be declared
> with 'proc', 'proc_doc' or 'ad_proc'. I want to modify the Tcl parser
> that it can parse procedures declared that way but I need a little help
> to do that; the source code of SN is very large and I don't know from
> where to start.

Take a peek in:

devo/snavigator/parsers/tcl

cheers
Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* Tcl parser
@ 2001-08-08 13:24 Emmanuelle
From: Emmanuelle @ 2001-08-08 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi:

I'm a new user of Source Navigator; I'm using SN-4.5.2 on a Mandrake 7.2
Linux box. This is a very useful tool for my job. I'm vorking on a Tcl
application (ACS, www.arsdigita.com) in which procedures can be declared
with 'proc', 'proc_doc' or 'ad_proc'. I want to modify the Tcl parser
that it can parse procedures declared that way but I need a little help
to do that; the source code of SN is very large and I don't know from
where to start.
Thanks in advance.
--
Emmanuelle