* At hair pulling stage
@ 2001-10-04  1:28 Jordan
From: Jordan @ 2001-10-04  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

+ SN 5.0 Windows binaries running on Win2000
+ CYGWIN internet download last night

SNav cannot find "rm", "g++" or any other cygwin based program. It can
only find "make". I am assuming that SNav has its own version of make
and so doesn't need to go looking for it.

/usr/bin is in both my cygwin and windows path, ie. "which rm" yields
"/usr/bin/rm".

What gives? I thought that SNav would drive of at least one of these
paths.  Please help me identify the fix for this error as premature
balding is supposed to be a gift from nature not RH.

Regards,

J.

P.S. Please Cc: me directly in the reply as I have not subscribed to
the list, yet!

--
Jordan Howarth				mailto:jordan.howarth@cmis.csiro.au
CSIRO					p: (07) 3375 9632, (07) 3826 7314

         -=| For every truth there are a thousand lies |=-

* Re: At hair pulling stage
@ 2001-10-04  9:47 ` Khamis Abuelkomboz
From: Khamis Abuelkomboz @ 2001-10-04  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jordan; +Cc: sourcenav

If you are trying to build SN on Win2000, You need first to have
installed MSVC++,
make sure that cl.exe is in your path and some other environments of
VC++ are set
correct.
Then in your bash shell set the enviroment:
set CC=cl
configure --prefix=<Your destination for SN>
make

Jordan wrote:

>+ SN 5.0 Windows binaries running on Win2000
>+ CYGWIN internet download last night
>

>SNav cannot find "rm", "g++" or any other cygwin based program. It can
>only find "make". I am assuming that SNav has its own version of make
>and so doesn't need to go looking for it.
>
>/usr/bin is in both my cygwin and windows path, ie. "which rm" yields
>"/usr/bin/rm".
>
>What gives? I thought that SNav would drive of at least one of these
>paths.  Please help me identify the fix for this error as premature
>balding is supposed to be a gift from nature not RH.
>
>Regards,
>
>J.
>

>P.S. Please Cc: me directly in the reply as I have not subscribed to
>the list, yet!

* Re: At hair pulling stage
@ 2001-10-16 20:20 ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2001-10-16 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernard Dautrevaux; +Cc: 'Jordan', sourcenav

On Wednesday, November 14, 2001, at 06:11 , Bernard Dautrevaux wrote:

> [...]

SN is a pure Win 32 program.

> You must then put "C:\cygwin\usr\bin" in your Windows path, so that SN
> will
> be able to find the cygwin tools.

This is the correct diagnosis. The path must have Windows pathnames in
it for SN to work.

> HTH
>
> 	Bernard
>
> PS: Note that with old versions of Cygwin (back to the B20 era), this
> was
> not a problem as cygwin installed in the C: root directory by default;
> you
> also can install newer cygwins there, although you get bored by the
> installer that will insist that this is "not recommended", while I never
> understand what the problem may be (and I'm using it installed there
> without
> any problem for quite a long time).
>

>> /usr/bin is in both my cygwin and windows path, ie. "which rm" yields
>> "/usr/bin/rm".
>>
>> What gives? I thought that SNav would drive of at least one of these
>> paths.  Please help me identify the fix for this error as premature
>> balding is supposed to be a gift from nature not RH.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> J.
>>

>> P.S. Please Cc: me directly in the reply as I have not subscribed to
>> the list, yet!
>>

>> --
>> Jordan Howarth
> mailto:jordan.howarth@cmis.csiro.au
> CSIRO					p: (07) 3375 9632, (07) 3826 7314
> Mathematical and Information Sciences	f: (07) 3826 7304
>
>          -=| For every truth there are a thousand lies |=-

> Bernard Dautrevaux
> Microprocess Ingenierie
> 97 bis, rue de Colombes
> 92400 COURBEVOIE
> FRANCE
> Tel:	+33 (0) 1 47 68 80 80
> Fax:	+33 (0) 1 47 88 97 85
> e-mail:	dautrevaux@microprocess.com
> 		b.dautrevaux@usa.net

Syd Polk
QA and Integration Manager, Mac OSX Development Tools
+1 408 974-0577

* RE: At hair pulling stage
@ 2001-10-16 19:42 Bernard Dautrevaux
From: Bernard Dautrevaux @ 2001-10-16 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)