* Re: [Fwd: failure notice]
       [not found] <3C04495B.96EBA7E8@pacbell.net>
@ 2001-11-07  8:48 ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-11-07  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Korb, sourcenav

Bruce Korb wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>
> That horrid little "ORBZ" disservice has me blocked again.
> pbi.net has a mail server accepting mail from a mail server
> that accepts mail from an open server, so mine is blocked.
> There are many ways far better than this to filter spam.

Bummer.  But not a lot I can do to correct that, sorry.

> > Subject: How does one add a build rule?
> > To: sourcenav@sourceware.cygnus.com
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > The "build rule" tab on the window that pops up
> > from the edit button of the "build settings" window.
> > (This window has no title, so it is hard to name.)
> >
> > Anyway, I seem to be constrained to a half dozen
> > build tools (compilers and linker).  THere is no
> > obvious mechanism for adding more, even from searching
> > the programmer and user guide indexes.  Such is
> > needed.  How?  Thanks! - Bruce

They are two ways:

Either add a "quick rule", there is an example of
this for lex and yacc.  Look for sn_add_simple_ide_rule
in sn_prop.cfg.in (or sn_prop.cfg if it's installed).

If you are needing something more complex then
you might want to add a "tool chain".  Your best
source of information is to look at the source
code in the "gui" sub directory.  The file is
called toolchain.tcl.  Toolchains are defined
by using the class in toolchain.tcl.

You can find an example of how to define a toolchain
in snavigator/etc/sn_toolchains/gnu-pro-native.

Hope this is of use to you.

 Ian.

* Re: [Fwd: failure notice]
@ 2001-11-08  3:58   ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-11-08  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Roxborough; +Cc: Bruce Korb, sourcenav

>> That horrid little "ORBZ" disservice has me blocked again.
>> pbi.net has a mail server accepting mail from a mail server
>> that accepts mail from an open server, so mine is blocked.
>> There are many ways far better than this to filter spam.

Ian> Bummer.  But not a lot I can do to correct that, sorry.

In theory anybody subscribed to a list can post to it, regardless of
what the spam blockers say.  Also, I believe there is a way to
subscribe to a list as "post only" -- i.e., you don't get mail.
We can also whitelist specific individuals.

Tom