* New CVS module to checkout.
@ 2002-02-20 16:12 Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2002-02-20 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi,

I've added a new module to the sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src
root to make life easier for people checking SN out of CVS.

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs.cygnus.com:/cvs/src co sn-support
(Tcl/Tk/Itcl/Tix/etc... get's checked out.)

then just the normal:
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs.cygnus.com:/cvs/sourcenav co snavigator
(gets Source-Navigator and the db.)

Ian.

* RE: New CVS module to checkout.
@ 2002-02-22  8:16 Doug Fraser
From: Doug Fraser @ 2002-02-22  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Mo DeJong', sourcenav

Mo,

Dionysus rolls off the tongue nicer than Bacchus.

How about Sisyphus, although that is a little bit of
a downer, really, it sort of describes the effort you
folks have put in to this.

I was thinking Alexandria, since you are building the
ultimate library to store and catalog all your source
symbols.

Doug

@ 2002-02-22 10:26 Doug Fraser
From: Doug Fraser @ 2002-02-22 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Eray Ozkural', Doug Fraser, 'Mo DeJong', sourcenav

Oh, I think sourcebase would be fine.
I really do. I was just thinking of something
more poetic, more artful. A library is what
you are building, in both senses. A linkable
library that acts as a backend to other development
tools and also a library as in sense 4 of the
American Heritage Dictionary:

	4. An organized collection of recorded data
		arranged for ease of use.

but then, sourcebase is more descriptive.

Alexandria would not immediately imply to the casual
web surfer that they had just encountered the neatest
source discovery tools anywhere in the solar system.
Sourcebase may just clue them in that direction....

Doug

<snip>