From: Ian Roxborough <irox@redhat.com>
To: Bruce Edson <bruce@steptech.com>
Cc: sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Headaches building Source Navigator under Windows
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:32:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Bruce Edson wrote:
> ../sourc/configure --host=i686-pc-cygwin
> --prefix="c:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1/opt/sourcenav"
>
> 1.
> grep: /source/libstdc++-v3/configure.in: No such file or directory

Looks like you are trying to build libstdc++.
You don't need this to build SN.

> 2.
> configuring in itcl/win
> running /bin/sh ../../../../source/itcl/itcl/win/configure
> --host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=i686-pc-cygwin
> '--prefix=c:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1/opt/sourcenav'
> --cache-file=../../../config.cache --srcdir=../../../../source/itcl/itcl/win
> cd: can't cd to ../../../tcl/win

Do you have tcl and tk sources in the correct place?

> 4.
> Configuring libgui...
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... missing

This means the you don't have automake and autoconf
install.  If you are not changing Makefile.ams
or configure files this doesn't matter........

> 6.
> Configuring snavigator...
> checking for Tcl configuration script... (cached)
> /snbuild/tcl8.1/unix/tclConfig.sh
> checking for Tk configuration script... (cached)
> /snbuild/tk8.1/unix/tkConfig.sh
> checking for Tcl headers in the source tree... (cached) configure: error:
> Can't find any Tcl headers
> Configure in /snbuild/snavigator failed, exiting.

did you get the source from the tarball or CVS?
Can you build Tcl by itself?

I'm not sure it SN builds with VC++v6, I thought
it did, but I'm not 100% sure.

Ian.