* RE: Headaches building Source Navigator under Windows
@ 2002-02-22 13:52 Bruce Edson
From: Bruce Edson @ 2002-02-22 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Thanks Syd and Ian.

I started by downloading the zip file, SN50-010322-source.zip.  I'm using
the configure in the source directory that was unzipped from the zip.  Did
Tcl/TK not come with it?  Where should they be in relation to the source
directories?  Do I need to install this separately from SN and Cygwin?

Bruce

From: Bruce Edson @ 2002-02-26 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Roxborough; +Cc: Sourcenav (E-mail)

Just as another attempt at this, I tried what you suggested, namely putting
cl.exe in quotes.  Configure now runs to the end.  Yahoo!  Quite the stab in
the dark, Ian. I am not sure what was happening, maybe you could explain.
Thanks!

Now on to the next road block in the 'make' portion of the build.  This
seems to run along for a while without errors, although a few warnings,
until the following:

LINK : LNK6004: ./tix4181.exe not found or not built by the last incremental
link; performing full link
make[2]: Leaving directory `/snbuild/tix/win'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/snbuild/tix'
make[1]: Entering directory `/snbuild/itcl'
Making in itcl/win
make[2]: Entering directory `/snbuild/itcl/itcl/win'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `itcl_bicmds.obj', needed by
`snitcl30.dll'.
  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/snbuild/itcl/itcl/win'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/snbuild/itcl'
make: *** [all-itcl] Error 2

Any thoughts?

Bruce

> I went to Cygwin site and figured out how to get the rest of the
utilities.
> So, now I am at the point where the 'configure' as described in the readme
> file, breaks with the following errors.

> ../sourc/configure --host=i686-pc-cygwin
> --prefix="c:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1/opt/sourcenav"

Well, this looks ok. Any particular reason you passed a --host option here?

> 2.
> configuring in itcl/win
> running /bin/sh ../../../../source/itcl/itcl/win/configure
> --host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=i686-pc-cygwin
> '--prefix=c:/docume~1/bruce/hpkeck~1/snkeck~1/opt/sourcenav'
> --cache-file=../../../config.cache
--srcdir=../../../../source/itcl/itcl/win

@ 2002-02-26  0:23 Bruce Edson
From: Bruce Edson @ 2002-02-26  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Under my 'source' directory, which is where the files from
SN50-010322-source.zip were extracted to, I find the tcl.h file in
tcl8.1/generic.  I also find a tcl.h file under usr/include, 'usr' being at
the same level as 'source'.  As I have directories for tcl8.1 and tk8.1  I'm
assuming that I have TCL/TK sources and they're in the right place.  Is this
not the case?  Do I need to change something in the configure.in file
located in the 'snavigator' directory?

Bruce

> I started by downloading the zip file, SN50-010322-source.zip.  I'm using
> the configure in the source directory that was unzipped from the zip.  Did
> Tcl/TK not come with it?  Where should they be in relation to the source
> directories?

It should come with Tcl/Tk sources.  I would be interesting
if you could compare it to an Windows NT 4.0 machine to see
if this is something related to Win2K.

> Do I need to install this separately from SN and Cygwin?

You normally don't have to worry about there Cygwin is
installed (just as you don't have to worry about where
VC++ is installed with relation to SN).

Ian.

* RE: Headaches building Source Navigator under Windows
@ 2002-02-22 13:21 Bruce Edson
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Bruce Edson @ 2002-02-22 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

[...]

5.
Configuring grep...
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing

6.
Configuring snavigator...
checking for Tcl configuration script... (cached)
/snbuild/tcl8.1/unix/tclConfig.sh
checking for Tk configuration script... (cached)
/snbuild/tk8.1/unix/tkConfig.sh
checking for Tcl headers in the source tree... (cached) configure: error:
Can't find any Tcl headers
Configure in /snbuild/snavigator failed, exiting.

Thanks.

Bruce

From: Bruce Edson @ 2002-02-21 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

[...]

with just VC++6.0 loaded on it?  One that includes everything that I need to