* Back online...
@ 2002-04-06 11:17 irox
From: irox @ 2002-04-06 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi all,

Sorry about my unannounced absence for the last month
or so.  I no longer work for Red Hat and I moved to
Santa Cruz, then had to fight with SBC to turn on my
DSL line (the longest block of time I gone without
internet access since the early 90s...).

The first thing I'd like to talk about is Copyright
assignments.  While I was still working for RH I
brought the idea of making Source-Navigator a
multi-copyright holder project to as many people in
RH as I could.  This would mean people who contribute
code to Source-Navigator don't have to sign over thier
copyrights to Red Hat.  I was never able to get a firm
yes or no from anybody, but I would like to implement
this (long over due) change anyway.

What's happening with "libSN" (or whatever it was called)?
I'd prefer to wait until there is something to show before
creating a CVS modules for it.

Anyway, with contributions from Khamis, Mo and myself
we should be able turn out a new SN release.  At somepoint
I'll go over the last month or so of the mailing list and
apply any patches I've missed, reply to any interesting
emails, etc..

Thanks for your patience,
and a big thanks to everybody who answered email
on this list over the last month. :-)

Ian.