  • [parent not found: <18:21:47>]
  • * future plans
    @ 2000-11-20  4:47 Simone Contini
    From: Simone Contini @ 2000-11-20  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
      To: sourcenav

    Hi,

    	Source Navigator is very Cool!! thank you for it! I'd like to know
    how i can read about future plans and if the projects will take advantages
    of GTK/GNOME.

    thank you

    Simone Contini
    Games & Tools Programmer
    Florence - Italy

    Email: s.contini@fol.it
    WWW: http://3dfx4ever.oltrelinux.com/
         http://scontini.xoasis.com/

    ICQ # : 25879128

    * RE: Source navigator roadmap, features list, etc.?
    @ 2000-10-05  1:16 William Gacquer
    From: William Gacquer @ 2000-10-05  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
      To: sourcenav

    or some kind of "extended real file view":

    dir          | file           | SN  | VC  |
    ------------------------------------------|
    a            | toto.c         | yes	| yes |
    a/b          | foo.h          | no  | yes |
    z/zz         | albert.txt     | no  | no  |

    The SN and VC (version control) columns could be filled with checkboxes.

    Of course, this one could be more complete than the one above.
    Maybe we could discuss the features that should be included in that kind of
    view, if you accept it, of course.

    William

    From: dave.banham @ 2000-10-05  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
      To: sourcenav

    @ 2000-10-04  0:53 leonp
    From: leonp @ 2000-10-04  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
      To: sourcenav

    At 16:02 03/10/2000 -0700, Mo DeJong wrote:
    >On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, William Gacquer wrote:
    > > 9/ a autoconf/automake project creation as in kdevelop
    >
    >This one is hard to do in a general way, but we could do
    >something like writing a configure.in for the user in the
    >same way that we write a Makefile.
    As far as I was able to understand the SN was designed for use also
    (mainly?) in Embedded Programming, where you need to have a little bit
    simpler and closer approach to a lot of build process parameters. Absence
    of this simple approach in kdevelop (which is very good IDE!) was the main
    reason that I left my attempts to sufficiently and comfortably integrate
    the embedded projects into it, while one of the main difficulties was this
    autoconf/automake stuff. I shall be very disappointed if this issue will be
    introduced also in SN, which is my only IDE today.

    Thanks to Cygnus/RH for the good SW.

    Leon Pollak
    leonp@plris.com

    * Re: Source navigator roadmap, features list, etc.?
    @ 2000-09-29  0:26 dave.banham
    From: dave.banham @ 2000-09-29  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
      To: sourcenav

    Syd,
    You misunderstand my request. All I would like SN to do is "flag assignments of
    function pointers" so that Xref will show the assignment as a reference to the
    function symbol being xref'd. Currently it does not, so the only way of finding
    such references is with grep.

    Regards,
    Dave Banham

    >On the subject of member functions not being xref'd, I have found that (in C)
    >function names used as function pointers (i.e. in call-back
    >initialisation) are
    >not xref'd. In fact the only way I can find them is to Grep the entire project
    >which takes a number of minutes.

    This is actually really hard to do.

    We could certainly flag assignments of function pointers, but there is no
    good static determination of when a function is actually called
    dereferencing a function pointer. This requires runtime analysis. And it
    could be wrong; the runtime analysis would have to have a reverse table of
    addresses to functions. A debugger could do this while the exe is running.

    So the only thing we can do is flag assignments of function pointers and
    put it in the database.

    >Dave Banham

    Syd Polk       spolk@redhat.com
    Engineering Manager +1 415 777 9810 x 241
    Red Hat, Inc.

    * Re: Source navigator roadmap, features list, etc.?
    @ 2000-09-28  0:23 dave.banham
    From: dave.banham @ 2000-09-28  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
      To: sourcenav

    On the subject of bug reporting, I find that SN's inbuilt crash reporting system
    doesn't work very well on my Win NT4 workstation - possibly because it has Lotus
    Notes e-mail installed which isn't compatible with anything! If you would like
    crash reports to be submitted may I suggest that either a cut & paste option is
    provided (so that I can e-mail it to you) or an alternative submission method of
    say an HTTP post be provided.

    @ 2000-09-25 22:04 Timothee Besset
    From: Timothee Besset @ 2000-09-25 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
      To: sourcenav

    Is this list the only way to send feature suggestions and bug reports?
    What are the actual plans of RedHat with source navigator, is it going
    to evolve a lot more? Because I would have a truckload of improvement
    suggestions and feature requests. It would be nice if there was a public
    space somewhere that described who is doing what, maintaining what on
    this project.

    I had to move from an MSDev environment to development under linux, and
    Source Navigator does some things better than MSDev, but it also has
    some big drawbacks.

    regards

    TTimo

    [parent not found: <Syd>]