From: Syd Polk <spolk@redhat.com>
To: Marta Stojanovic <marta.stojanovic@nrc.ca>,
Subject: Re: SNsdk on WinNT ?
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:25:00 -0000	[thread overview]

At 02:05 PM 12/14/00 -0500, Marta Stojanovic wrote:

> > With the path to hyper.exe (badly) hardcoded in the exe,
> > I see no other way than to recompile it ;-(
> >

>Yes, it occured to me :(
>

> > BTW, as SNSdk.exe is not intended to be used by
> > Source Navigator itself, it could simply use
> > "hyper.exe" instead of "..\bin\hyper.exe" and
> > ask the user to have hyper.exe in the path...
> >

>Exactly.

This is a problem. One of the best features about SN is that you don't have
to modify the enviroment to run it. The real solution is to construct the
path to hyper using Tcl commands. This has to be overhauled for internal
reasons here at Red Hat anyway.

> > And while we're at it, why not directly launching
> > hyper.exe from the command line ? It executes the
> > script as well, for me ! Except that it crashes,
> > but after having finished the script, so...
>
>I wouldn't mind, but it doesn't work for me : do you use File-Source ...
>from hyper's console ? Or you type  directly the name of the script with
>it's arguments ? In the first case it crashes immediately after. In the
>second case it gives me :
>couldn't execute "my_script.tcl": invalid argument . Any idea why ? It
>works very well on Linux. For Windows I erased everything from the
>beginning to the end of the line "exec hyper ..." .

We will be looking at this problem in detail in January. I am sorry this
won't help you now.

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 415 777 9810 x 241
Red Hat, Inc.