From: leonp@plris.com
To: Ben Elliston <bje@redhat.com>
Cc: sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Asm files in SN
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 01:16:00 -0000	[thread overview]

At 08:57 24/07/2000 +1000, you wrote:
> >       Next, I have a small problem with my Linux installation: I
> >  created the project which contains files of type *.S - assembler. When
> >   I tried to add this files to my target, this didn't work. I was able
> >   to add type ASM to build rules in .cfg file, but no more than that.
>Note that the assembly language parser is specifically for PowerPC assembly
>language.  It may not manage to detect anything useful in assembly files for
>other targets.  It's possible to generate your own, if you really want to.
>What kind of asm files are you trying to parse?

Thank you for reply.
My case is exactly PowerPC  CPU.
But my question is not exactly about the parser (which, as I understand,
allows me to parse source code), but about more simple thing - I want to
build my target, which depends on several asm and C files. My attempt to
add an asm file to the target in the Tools->Build Settings->Source
Files->Add files does nothing, totally ignoring my asm files.
Many thanks again.

Leon Pollak
leonp@plris.com