* virus forwarded by a mailing list program is unacceptable: I am unsubscribing
@ 2001-07-25  8:12 Richard Joyce
From: Richard Joyce @ 2001-07-25  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'sourcenav@sources.redhat.com'
  Cc: 'sourcenav-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Sirs:
With all due respect I must unsubscribe to limit my exposure. My company
goes to great pains to protect its network against viruses, but I cannot
risk being a member of any mailing list until this issue is resolved.
The following response from Mo De Jong is quite unnerving. While I do not
know for sure if there is anything that can be done  to block a virus on a
digest message, I believe that the  parties responsible for promoting and
supporting the sourcenav mailing list  must do more than what is suggested
below.
...from Mo De Jong 7/24/01
"Yes, people are sending that virus around on mailing lists. If folks are
foolish enough to use Windows to read email, there is not much we can do to
help. The best advice is don't open attachments you get in email, or simply
don't use Windows. This is not a new problem. "

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-07-25  8:12 UTC | newest]