* SourceNavigator crashes when adding directory to an existing project?
@ 2000-10-24 15:18 Deborah Briggs
From: Deborah Briggs @ 2000-10-24 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'sourcenav@sources.redhat.com'

Hi - I'm running SourceNavigator 4.5.2 on Linux, it crashes (screen freezes
under X windows, can't redraw, doesn't respond to commands but doesn't exit
the app either) when I try to add a directory to an existing project but
doesn't crash if I add files individually.  Any advice appreciated, adding
files by hand is incredibly tedious.

* Re: SourceNavigator crashes when adding directory to an existing proj ect?
@ 2000-10-24 15:59 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2000-10-24 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Deborah Briggs wrote:

> Hi - I'm running SourceNavigator 4.5.2 on Linux, it crashes (screen freezes
> under X windows, can't redraw, doesn't respond to commands but doesn't exit
> the app either) when I try to add a directory to an existing project but
> doesn't crash if I add files individually.  Any advice appreciated, adding
> files by hand is incredibly tedious.

Boy, I don't know what to tell you. I am also running 4.5.2 on
Linux and I have no problem, I can add directories just fine.
Could you recompile with the -g flag (export CFLAGS=-g ; ./configure ...)
and then run sn under gdb (to do that, you just open up the
install/bin/snavigator file in an editor and uncomment
the bit about "run SN in GDB").

If this crashes on you, get a stack trace and send that in.
Also, a complete description of your Linux box would help
(hardware, distro and version, what kernel and so on).

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* Deleting Project Editor Views
@ 2000-10-25  7:53   ` Berek
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Berek @ 2000-10-25  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Is there any way I can delete a project view? I've asked this question a
couple of times in the past few days and have not seen a response from
anyone. By a "project view" I mean a "view" created in Project Editor that
allows you to "see" only selected parts of the overall project. Is anyone
reading this email?

* Re: Deleting Project Editor Views
@ 2000-10-25  8:11     ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2000-10-25  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Berek wrote:

> Is there any way I can delete a project view?

There does not seem to be. The whole interface to
adding a new view is also fairly lame. This looks
like something that needs to be fixed for 5.0.

> I've asked this question a
> couple of times in the past few days and have not seen a response from
> anyone. By a "project view" I mean a "view" created in Project Editor that
> allows you to "see" only selected parts of the overall project. Is anyone
> reading this email?

Calm down there, we will get to mail when we have a chance.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* Re: Deleting Project Editor Views
@ 2000-10-25 13:07     ` Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2000-10-25 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Berek; +Cc: sourcenav

Berek wrote:

> Is there any way I can delete a project view? I've asked this question a
> couple of times in the past few days and have not seen a response from
> anyone. By a "project view" I mean a "view" created in Project Editor that
> allows you to "see" only selected parts of the overall project. Is anyone
> reading this email?

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to delete a "view".
you can unhide all the files in a "view" so it is the same as the
default "view".

Ian.

* Re: Deleting Project Editor Views
@ 2000-10-25 13:35     ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2000-10-25 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Berek, sourcenav

At 10:53 AM 10/25/00 -0400, Berek wrote:
>Is there any way I can delete a project view? I've asked this question a
>couple of times in the past few days and have not seen a response from
>anyone. By a "project view" I mean a "view" created in Project Editor that
>allows you to "see" only selected parts of the overall project. Is anyone
>reading this email?

It does not appear to be possible to delete project editor views at this time.

We are planning to completely overhaul the Project Editor in the future,
moving all of its functionality in a new integrated Symbol Browser.

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 415 777 9810 x 241
Red Hat, Inc.