* Re: Ada95 parser location
@ 2001-08-07 11:13 Richard F Weber
From: Richard F Weber @ 2001-08-07 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Syd Polk, Leland R Snelson; +Cc: sourcenav

FYI: I've worked on an Ada parser (sorry for the really late
response to all).  It can be found on Source Forge at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/adaparse/

I've got a very basic package put together that combines
directions, a basic parser (not totally working) and a source
code highlighter.

Feel free to download it and take a look.  I'm up to my neck in
other obligations though.  I think by fall I should be able to
pick up development on it again though.

Of course if there are any volunteers who want to pick it up and
run let me know.

--Rich

>I don't work at Red Hat anymore, but my experience with CAS
suggests
>that stopped really doing any work with Source-Navigator two
years ago.
>I would not count on being able to get any of their parsers.
They were

wrote:

>> Sorry if this is a duplicate, but I didn't start receiving
the digests
>> until the day after I first attemped this.
>>
>> Please point me to Ada parser resources for source navigator.
I've found
>> a few references to it in searches but no difinitive
location.  Also, I
>> sent mail to CAS inquiring about their add-in for srcNav.  No
response.
>> Don't they want to sell it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>Syd Polk
>QA and Integration Manager, Mac OSX Development Tools
>+1 408 974-0577

* Re: Ada95 parser location
@ 2001-08-07 10:39 ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2001-08-07 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leland R Snelson; +Cc: sourcenav

I don't work at Red Hat anymore, but my experience with CAS suggests
that stopped really doing any work with Source-Navigator two years ago.
I would not count on being able to get any of their parsers. They were
also rather upset with the fact that Source-Navigator opened its source.

I don't know what to tell you about an Ada 95 parser. If you have a
compiler and source to it, it would take some work, but you could modify
your compiler to generate SN databases.

On Tuesday, August 7, 2001, at 08:53  AM, Leland R Snelson wrote:

> Sorry if this is a duplicate, but I didn't start receiving the digests
> until the day after I first attemped this.
>
> Please point me to Ada parser resources for source navigator. I've found
> a few references to it in searches but no difinitive location.  Also, I
> sent mail to CAS inquiring about their add-in for srcNav.  No response.
> Don't they want to sell it?
>
> Thanks

Syd Polk
QA and Integration Manager, Mac OSX Development Tools
+1 408 974-0577

* Ada95 parser location
@ 2001-08-07  8:51 Leland R Snelson