* SourceNav 4.52 and mouse wheel
@ 2001-02-18 10:12 punt
From: punt @ 2001-02-18 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

I have XFree 4.02 with an explorer mouse.  I enabled the ZAxisMapping, and my
mouse wheel works in all my kde windows (and netscape 6.1) fine.  But it does
not work in SourceNav 4.52.  Anything Special I have to do?

This is runnin linux on a i386 architecture.

Charles

* Re: SourceNav 4.52 and mouse wheel
@ 2001-02-18 11:42 ` Bruce Stephens
From: Bruce Stephens @ 2001-02-18 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

punt <punt@swordsteam.org> writes:

> I have XFree 4.02 with an explorer mouse.  I enabled the
> ZAxisMapping, and my mouse wheel works in all my kde windows (and
> netscape 6.1) fine.  But it does not work in SourceNav 4.52.
> Anything Special I have to do?

Wait, mostly.

You could go in and try and hack the code: you can bind Button-4 and
Button-5 events to things in Tk.  However, things should become easier
once Source Navigator can use standard Tcl and Tk versions---for one
thing, more recent versions support mouse wheels by default.

* Re: SourceNav 4.52 and mouse wheel
@ 2001-02-18 12:17   ` punt
From: punt @ 2001-02-18 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Stephens, sourcenav

Hmm, ok. This use to work with my old Codefusion version however.

@ 2001-02-18 14:26     ` Brecht Vermeulen
From: Brecht Vermeulen @ 2001-02-18 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: punt; +Cc: Bruce Stephens, sourcenav

Well, it works for me.
XFree 4.0.1, Debian 2.2, gpm+imwheel, kde2, logitech pilot mouse
For sourcenav, no special configuration was needed.

Extract out of XF86Config :
Section "InputDevice"

# Identifier and driver

    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/gpmdata"
    Option "Buttons" "6"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons"
"no"
EndSection

regards,
Brecht

@ 2001-02-18 15:48       ` Bruce Stephens
From: Bruce Stephens @ 2001-02-18 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Brecht Vermeulen <brecht.vermeulen@rug.ac.be> writes:

> Well, it works for me.
> XFree 4.0.1, Debian 2.2, gpm+imwheel, kde2, logitech pilot mouse
> For sourcenav, no special configuration was needed.
>
> Extract out of XF86Config :
> Section "InputDevice"
>
> # Identifier and driver
>
>     Identifier  "Mouse1"
>     Driver      "mouse"
>     Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
>     Option "Device" "/dev/gpmdata"
>     Option "Buttons" "6"
>     Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>     Option "Emulate3Buttons"
> "no"
> EndSection

OK, it's presumably imwheel.  I'm using a similar configuration, only
without imwheel, and the Debian packages for sourcenav don't do
anything with wheel events (whereas lots of other applications do).

So that's a workable immediate solution: use imwheel.  (I still prefer
native support where possible.)

[...]