* SN50 build issues on Solaris 8
@ 2002-03-18  1:46 Jim Avera
From: Jim Avera @ 2002-03-18  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi,

I downloaded SN50-010322-source.tar.gz from sources.redhat.com and
built it on a sun machine running SunOS 5.8 (Solaris 8).

The following issues arose:

1. The top-level README seems to be a copy of a README
   from a gnu tool distribution, not this project, i.e. it is bogus.
   I could not find any instructions for configuring or building.

   So I did "configure --prefix=$HOME" followed by "gmake"
   (using gcc 2.95.3).

2. The Makefile tries to build "all-libremote" but there is no rule
   in the Makefile to build this target.  So "gmake" fails.

   I did "touch all-libremote" to circumvent the above problem,
   and then gmake succeeded.

3. "snavigator --batchmode" fails with an error message which implies
   that additional options are needed to create a new project.

   However the documentation
   (source/snavigator/doc/html/enterprise/userguide/cmdlineops.html,
   second Example) says that --batchmode (without other options) should
   create a new project in the current directory.

   I tried various combinations of -p newprojectname and -c but could not
get
   batch project creation to work.

   What exactly are the correct options to create
   a new project in batch mode?

   The docs should be coerced into telling the truth.

-Jim Avera
jima@simplex.com

* snavigator bug after 'unload directory'
@ 2002-03-18  9:10 ` Jim Avera
From: Jim Avera @ 2002-03-18  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hi,
This is a bug report on Source Navigator 5.0.0 under Cygwin.

It corrupted the project and stopped working after the following actions:

0. Loaded a large project with many subdirectories.  About 3000 source files
altogether.

1. Tools->Reparse Project, then clicked the CANCEL button before it
   finished (and confirmed the cancel in the subsequent dialog).

2. In the project editor, I used 'unload directory' to remove a directory
   containing redundant copies of files
   (it was a top-level include/ directory containing installed copies of
   .h files which also existed in source directories elsewhere in the
project)

3. Tools->Reload Project (seemed to complete almost instantaneously)

4. Tools->Reparse Project

   At this point sn seemed to read a few files (possibly from only a single
directory)
   and stop, as though it were done.  No xref was generated, or else it took
such a
   short time that I didn't/couldn't observe it (xref is enabled in the
Project preferences).

   Subsequent attempts to reparse the project (~3000 source files) had the
same
   behavior - files flashed by in the progress box for 1-2 seconds, and then
nothing.

I suspect that deleting the directory made sn forget about most of the
remaining files,
though they are still displayed in the project file browser.  Maybe only the
"unloaded"
directory is being scanned?

The project seems to be hopelessly corrupted.  I had to abandon it and
create another.