From: dave.banham@tde.alstom.com
To: sourcenav@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: Some Python (and other) questions
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 00:56:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>>Lastly, why doesnt the mailing list digest set the 'Reply To' field?  It is
>>a minor point, but it would make the list much easier to use.

>None of the sources.redhat.com lists do this that I am aware.

The reason for this (I guess), and the setting of the 'reply to' field, in the
non-digest version, to the originating author rather than the SN mailing list
e-mail address, is to avoid automated 'out of the office', etc. replies junking
up the list and everyone's e-mail. If you want to reply to the list you must
explicitly set the 'send-to' field to that of the list otherwise you will just
be replyingto the original author - off-line.

As a member of several other mailing lists which do not do this, I can attest to
the amount of automated junk that I receive. So please Red Hat do not change
this policy!

Regards
Dave Banham