From: Doug Fraser <dfraser@photuris.com>
To: sourcenav@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Project files and other fun...
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 13:36:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hello.

I am a newbie to source navigator, with a couple of
questions.

I am using SN5.

It seems that project '.proj' files have full path names
in them, and I was wondering if there is anyway to create
project files with relative paths that are prepended by
an environment variable so that they can be shared through CVS.

Also, for importing (snavigator -import /file/path) you
have to supply the full path to the file. It won't just pick
up the file from the current directory. Also, that file must
contain full paths. Is there some env value or flag that will
root it from the current working directory or from some
prenamed root path?

Other than these problems, it is a great tool.

BTW: I have zero TCL knowledge, a bit of Perl knowledge, a lot
	of C and ASM. I tried plowing around the tcl code, but could
	not figure out how .proj files are managed. I did note a
	number of env() variables (HOME, TMP, TEMP ...) but nothing
	that looked useful for my questions.

I probably need to learn some tcl in any case, just so that
I can hook VIM into the editor. I see the hooks for emacs but
cannot quite follow them. VIM has similar APIs for hooking to
other tools, and being an old (yeah, I am old...) vi hack,
moving to emacs is too painful. I tried once, and ended up
with tendonitis in my left pinky.

Thanks much.

Doug