* Source Navigator
@ 2001-11-22  7:36 dev cyg
From: dev cyg @ 2001-11-22  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

I'd like to try to rebuild sourcenavi on Windows2000.
Plese send rational build instructions for Windows.
Thanks.

* RE: Source Navigator
@ 2001-11-22  8:09 David Robinson (AU)
From: David Robinson (AU) @ 2001-11-22  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'dev cyg', sourcenav

Start here:
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/sourcenav/releases/README

David.

@ 2001-06-28 16:08   ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-06-28 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Kiehne; +Cc: sourcenav

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Rainer Kiehne wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 June 2001 18:08, Syd Polk wrote:
> > Michael_Lombardo@Ademco.com wrote:
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >I am lookng for build instructions for source navigator.  Can you help?
> >
> > Assuming you downloaded the source archive, there are build instructions
> > in the file README.TXT.
> >
> There are source archives which do not contain this file. Or at least not a
> README with installation instructions. You should look for that file on a ftp
> mirror. I found it in the same dir as the source tar.gz

Sorry, we have not put up a release with that file in it. You
will have to look at the mailing list archive.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/sourcenav/2001-q2/msg00225.html

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* Re: source navigator
@ 2001-06-27  9:34 ` Rainer Kiehne
From: Rainer Kiehne @ 2001-06-27  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Wednesday 27 June 2001 18:08, Syd Polk wrote:
> Michael_Lombardo@Ademco.com wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I am lookng for build instructions for source navigator.  Can you help?
>
> Assuming you downloaded the source archive, there are build instructions
> in the file README.TXT.

There are source archives which do not contain this file. Or at least not a
README with installation instructions. You should look for that file on a ftp
mirror. I found it in the same dir as the source tar.gz

Rainer
--
Rainer Kiehne
Leibnizstrasse 22/Zi.96

* Re: source navigator
@ 2001-06-27  9:09 Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2001-06-27  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael_Lombardo, sourcenav

Michael_Lombardo@Ademco.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am lookng for build instructions for source navigator.  Can you help?

Assuming you downloaded the source archive, there are build instructions
in the file README.TXT.

Syd Polk
jazzman@bayarea.net                 http://www.bayarea.net/~jazzman
"Let the music be your light." -- Dave Edwards, KUHF-FM, 1982

* source navigator
@ 2001-06-27  7:23 Michael_Lombardo
From: Michael_Lombardo @ 2001-06-27  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hello,

I am lookng for build instructions for source navigator.  Can you help?

* Re: Source Navigator
@ 2001-06-01 10:08     ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-06-01 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Mo DeJong wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 31 May 2001, Anders Gustafson (EMW) wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to download Source Navigator 4.5.2 from
> > > ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/sourcenav/releases/ but it
> > > seems that you need a username and a password. How do I get that?
> >
> > There is no password, that box shows in Netscape when there
> > are too many FTP users (I know, it is strange).
> >
> > Use a mirror site and the problem should go away.
>
> Are there any plans for changing snavigator's distribution policy?

There was some talk of turning FTP access off completely and
only allow mirror sites.

> You current policy is pretty annoying (ftp almost permantently
> unreachable - at least I haven't manage to access it, ever), only
> full 10MB-tarballs, no CVS, no diffs, no frequent bug fixes.

You are talking about two different things here. Use a mirror
site to get a source release. As far as bug fixes go, there
are not many of them since not a lot of them have been fixed
recently. You can look at the individual bug reports to see
if a patch has been posted. Some are fixed already and will
be incorporated into the next release. In the future, we
will have CVS up and running.

Mo

* Re: Source Navigator
@ 2001-06-01  3:26     ` Bruce Stephens
From: Bruce Stephens @ 2001-06-01  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'sourcenav

Ralf Corsepius <corsepiu@faw.uni-ulm.de> writes:

[...]

> You current policy is pretty annoying (ftp almost permantently
> unreachable - at least I haven't manage to access it, ever),

So use a mirror site.

> only full 10MB-tarballs, no CVS, no diffs, no frequent bug fixes.

diffs have been provided in the past.  The diffs from 4.5.2 to 5.0 are
probably much too big to be useful.

CVS would be nice, of course---I don't know why that's not available
yet.  Perhaps this is still waiting on migration of Insight and Source
Navigator to Tcl/Tk 8.3, and [incr Tcl] 3.2?

--
Bruce Stephens			Bruce.Stephens@MessagingDirect.com
ACI Worldwide/MessagingDirect	<URL: http://www.MessagingDirect.com/ >

* Re: Source Navigator
@ 2001-06-01  0:41   ` Ralf Corsepius
From: Ralf Corsepius @ 2001-06-01  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong; +Cc: Anders Gustafson (EMW), 'sourcenav@sources.redhat.com'

Mo DeJong wrote:

> On Thu, 31 May 2001, Anders Gustafson (EMW) wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to download Source Navigator 4.5.2 from
> > ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/sourcenav/releases/ but it
> > seems that you need a username and a password. How do I get that?
>
> There is no password, that box shows in Netscape when there
> are too many FTP users (I know, it is strange).
>
> Use a mirror site and the problem should go away.

Are there any plans for changing snavigator's distribution policy?

You current policy is pretty annoying (ftp almost permantently
unreachable - at least I haven't manage to access it, ever), only
full 10MB-tarballs, no CVS, no diffs, no frequent bug fixes.

Sorry, if this may sound like ranting, but it's definitely not
indented to be regarded as such.

Ralf

* Re: Source Navigator
@ 2001-05-31 15:16 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-05-31 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anders Gustafson (EMW); +Cc: 'sourcenav@sources.redhat.com'

@ 2001-05-31  3:57 Anders Gustafson (EMW)
From: Anders Gustafson (EMW) @ 2001-05-31  3:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'sourcenav@sources.redhat.com'

I'm trying to download Source Navigator 4.5.2 from ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/sourcenav/releases/ but it seems that you need a username and a password. How do I get that?

Regards,

Anders Gustafson

Ericsson Microwave Systems AB
Test Software Development
Engineering and Technology
Borås Factory
P.O. Box 22150
SE-504 12 Borås, Sweden
Phone: +46 33 17 99 11

* Re: Source navigator
@ 2000-07-24 15:21       ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2000-07-24 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Still; +Cc: Ben Elliston, sourcenav

No, it was me who is confused.

The real README lives in snavigator/install, and gets copied to the
toplevel by "make install".

There is a real version of the patch below living around here somewhere
which I will have to scrounge up.

@ 2000-07-24 15:00     ` Michael Still
From: Michael Still @ 2000-07-24 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Syd Polk; +Cc: Ben Elliston, sourcenav

Syd Polk wrote:

> At 08:56 AM 7/24/00 +1000, Ben Elliston wrote:
> >Hi Michael,
> >
> >    discovered that SN is released and downloaded it. I am not sure it is
> >    ready for prime time yet though... I had to hack a TCL source file to
> >    get it to compile and the snavigator directory have exciting things
> >    like the AUTHORS file contains the text "AUTHORS". The same for the
> >    README file as well. I haven't checked any others...
> >
> >The AUTHOR and README files were generated by Automake with their current
> >contents.  I know it's not very helpful; the best place to reach people
> >about S-N problems is on this mailing list (sourcenav@).
> >
> >If you like, send in a brief log showing the compilation error.  We've never
> >built S-N on SPARC Linux before.
> >
> >Ben
>
> The README inside snavigator is the current one. The toplevel files are
> common to all Cygnus-based projects.
>
> Syd Polk                spolk@redhat.com
> Engineering Manager     +1 415 777 9810 x 241
> Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: Source navigator
@ 2000-07-24 12:46   ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2000-07-24 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Elliston, Michael Still; +Cc: sourcenav

@ 2000-07-23 15:56 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2000-07-23 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Still; +Cc: sourcenav

Hi Michael,

   discovered that SN is released and downloaded it. I am not sure it is
   ready for prime time yet though... I had to hack a TCL source file to
   get it to compile and the snavigator directory have exciting things
   like the AUTHORS file contains the text "AUTHORS". The same for the
   README file as well. I haven't checked any others...

The AUTHOR and README files were generated by Automake with their current
contents.  I know it's not very helpful; the best place to reach people
about S-N problems is on this mailing list (sourcenav@).

If you like, send in a brief log showing the compilation error.  We've never
built S-N on SPARC Linux before.

Ben

* Source navigator
@ 2000-07-22 16:08 Michael Still
From: Michael Still @ 2000-07-22 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bje, sourcenav

Ben,

discovered that SN is released and downloaded it. I am not sure it is
ready for prime time yet though... I had to hack a TCL source file to
get it to compile and the snavigator directory have exciting things like
the AUTHORS file contains the text "AUTHORS". The same for the README
file as well. I haven't checked any others...

Because the README file is empty, I don't know who to tell about this
sort of thing... Any ideas? I _think_ the address I grabbed above with
work, but it is not clear...

Mikal