From: "Left Spin" <leftspin@hotmail.com>
To: sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Sorry, but... this project is still alive?
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 07:19:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I think the number one barrier to entry for working on this project is the
lack of a good debug environment. Issuing messages to the log file is too
slow and cumbersome. When I mentioned the TclPro debugger, which has a great
interface, I got no response. When I'm able to, I'll work on building TclPro
v1.5 for Windows so I can work on SN. I had previously used a trial period
version of the Aspen release, and I was begining to figure out the SN code
base. My trial period has expired, but I am convinced using log file
deugging techniques will be too slow to work on SN with. Please keep in mind
that people new to working on this product will have to learn tcl/tk,
itcl/itk, the SN code base, and probably other packages I'm not even aware
of yet. It's a very large task. A good debugging package is essential to
getting more people to work on SN.

Thanks,