From: Mike_D_Davies@fmo.com
To: sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: inter project dependencies
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:28:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Jordan <jordan.howarth@cmis.csiro.au>@sources.redhat.com on 03/12/2001
11:30:58

Sent by:  sourcenav-owner@sources.redhat.com

To:   Ian Roxborough <irox@redhat.com>
cc:   sourcenav@sources.redhat.com

Alas I fear I have spent too long on the dark side :( In MSVC, the
term for the scope of an entire software build is a workspace which
consists of individual projects. So some projects can be libraries and
one can be the responsible for linking these in order to produce the
final executable (apologies for lessons in egg sucking). Mapping this
to SN and you have one project specifying the scope for multiple
targets, no? To me, this reflects a conventional makefile.

Assuming that this is correct, let me rephrase my earlier
question. How do I make one target depend on another in SN?

Hi,

If you start the project editor (Files/Project Editor in the Symbols
window) then there is a button for adding a project (*.proj file).  I
haven't tried it but you could try starting a completely new project (maybe
called workspace ?) and then adding the individual projects that you want
to be part of your workspace to that.   Then the top level build should
build all your parts and the component projects could still be built from
their individual projects ?

You may need to change the build command for the top level project - as I
said I haven't tried this  so it may not work.

Let us know how you get on ;-)

Mike Davies