From: Mo DeJong <mdejong@cygnus.com>
To: sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: customization
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 11:28:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, D-Man wrote:

> I would like to change a few things about SN's gui, but I don't think
> there are any options for it yet :
>
> 	o always add an Editor view to Class and XRef views
> 	o Editor view is always 80 characters wide when created
> 	o Editor displays in reverse video (like gvim does)
> 	o Editor is read-only (a viewer really, not an editor)
>
> I really don't mind hard-coding these prefs into my copy, but I don't
> know either Tcl or Tk.  If someone would show me what to add, and
> where I would greatly appreciate it.

Well, we can give you general tips on how to implement the
changes but you are going to have to actually go into the
code and get it working.

For example, that "Editor is read-only" can be done by setting
the -state option of the editor's text widget to disabled.
You would need to add a command like:

$text configure -state disabled

The "reverse video" thing should not be hard at all. Just
set the background to black and the fg to green. Here
is a quick wish (Tk) script to get you started.

$ wish
% text .t -bg black -fg green
% pack .t

> Also, I would like gvim to open up at the proper line of code when I
> double-click in a view.  I didn't find the cl option in the help
> files,  and also I don't know what format string specifier I would
> need to use in the "External Editor" option.  Could someone give me
> some pointer here too?

The docs have some info about each of the format strings
you can use for an "External Editor".

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc