* rebinding editor keys
@ 2001-07-16 10:58 Left Spin
From: Left Spin @ 2001-07-16 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

I'm new to Tcl/Tk. I'm rebinding keystrokes for a text widget in Source
Navigator.

I'm trying to bind <Control-R> to a page up script.

At first I tried

proc sn_rc_editor {view text} {

  # PAGE UP
  #
  bind $text <Control-r> {
    set linesperpage [eval %W cget -height]

    %W mark set insert "insert -$linesperpage lines"
    %W see insert
    break

but I found that $linesperpage was not correct after resizing the window.
Then I tried

proc sn_rc_editor {view text} {

  # PAGE UP
  #
  bind ${text} <Control-r> [bind ${text} <pageup>]
}

I have to admit I don't understand how this bind syntax works. I found it in
some of the Source Navigator source code.
I was thinking that maybe I could just map the keystroke to the already
defined page up functionality.

Thanks for your help.

* Re: rebinding editor keys
@ 2001-07-16 11:09 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-07-16 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Left Spin wrote:

> I'm new to Tcl/Tk. I'm rebinding keystrokes for a text widget in Source
> Navigator.
>
> I'm trying to bind <Control-R> to a page up script.

The online Man page for bind might help in this case:

http://tcl.activestate.com/man/tcl8.3.2/TkCmd/bind.htm

Also:

http://tcl.activestate.com/man/tcl8.3.2/

> I have to admit I don't understand how this bind syntax works. I found it in
> some of the Source Navigator source code.
> I was thinking that maybe I could just map the keystroke to the already
> defined page up functionality.

Try it without all the SN stuff. Just start up a wish shell and
play around with it.

% wish
% text .t
.t
% pack .t
% bind .t <Control-r> {puts "linesperpage is [%W cget -height]"}

(Move mouse into text widget and press Ctrl-R)
linesperpage is 24

cheers
Mo