* Upgrading TCL?
@ 2002-04-10 11:18 Chris Tavares
From: Chris Tavares @ 2002-04-10 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone tried to upgrade the copy of TCL shipped with Source Navigator
5.0.0? I've run into a couple of things that look like interpreter bugs, and
I'm thinking that upgrading to the TCL 8.1.1 release might help things
(considering sourcenav is still shipping with 8.1b1).

Has anyone tried this? Were there any problems? Are there any changes to the
TCL core done by sourcenav that I'd need to look out for?

Thanks,

-Chris Tavares

* Re: Upgrading TCL?
@ 2002-04-10 11:27 ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2002-04-10 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 11:18 AM -0700 4/10/02, Chris Tavares wrote:
>Has anyone tried to upgrade the copy of TCL shipped with Source Navigator
>5.0.0? I've run into a couple of things that look like interpreter bugs, and
>I'm thinking that upgrading to the TCL 8.1.1 release might help things
>(considering sourcenav is still shipping with 8.1b1).
>
>Has anyone tried this? Were there any problems? Are there any changes to the
>TCL core done by sourcenav that I'd need to look out for?
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Chris Tavares

The version of Source-Navigator in the cvs repository on
sources.redhat.com uses tcl/tk 8.3.

--
Syd Polk
jazzman@bayarea.net                 http://www.bayarea.net/~jazzman

* Re: Upgrading TCL?
@ 2002-04-10 11:34 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2002-04-10 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:18:06 -0700
Chris Tavares <Chris@steptech.com> wrote:

> Has anyone tried to upgrade the copy of TCL shipped with Source Navigator
> 5.0.0? I've run into a couple of things that look like interpreter bugs, and
> I'm thinking that upgrading to the TCL 8.1.1 release might help things
> (considering sourcenav is still shipping with 8.1b1).
>
> Has anyone tried this? Were there any problems? Are there any changes to the
> TCL core done by sourcenav that I'd need to look out for?

Hi Chris

The Tcl 8.3 upgrade is about 97% done and can be checked out of the CVS at any time.
This is the code that will be used for a new 5.1 release (when ready). There should be
very few local changes to the SN Tcl 8.3 codebase except for the build system which
includes a lot of local mods.

cheers
Mo DeJong