* Batchmode limitation
@ 2000-09-13  7:20 Britton, David L. (LNG)
From: Britton, David L. (LNG) @ 2000-09-13  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'sourcenav@sourceware.cygnus.com'

I'm trying to add support in our nightly build process for automatically
regenerating the Source Navigator project associated with the code base just
built.  For reasons that may or may not be obvious, I do not have access to
an X display during this process.  Source Navigator dies complaining about
not being able to talk to an X display even while running in batchmode.

Are there suggestions (I really would like to avoid having to set up an lbx
proxy to fake it out) on how to go about fixing this?

* Re: Batchmode limitation
@ 2000-09-13  8:54 ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2000-09-13  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Britton, David L. (LNG); +Cc: 'sourcenav@sourceware.cygnus.com'

This is a long-standing problem with Source-Navigator. We are doing our best to
make the different pieces of Source-Navigator loadable into the standard Tcl
shells, tclsh and wish. Until then, we require a DISPLAY variable.

There are some dummy DISPLAY servers out there. I don't know much about them,
however.

@ 2000-09-13  9:19   ` Bruce Stephens
From: Bruce Stephens @ 2000-09-13  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Syd Polk <spolk@redhat.com> writes:

> This is a long-standing problem with Source-Navigator. We are doing
> our best to make the different pieces of Source-Navigator loadable
> into the standard Tcl shells, tclsh and wish. Until then, we require
> a DISPLAY variable.
>
> There are some dummy DISPLAY servers out there. I don't know much
> about them, however.

An easy one to use (if you have it---XFree86 includes it, for example)
is Xvfb:

        % Xvfb :1 &
        % DISPLAY=:1 xclock &
        % ...