* logger PMDA review
@ 2011-04-13 19:52 David Smith
From: David Smith @ 2011-04-13 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pcp; +Cc: Systemtap List

After mucking around a bit, I've got a working version of my PCP logger
PMDA.  You can see the result by looking at:

<http://sources.redhat.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=systemtap.git;a=tree;f=pcp/src/pmdas/logger;h=b69c63b346157a2a6f857ac80cbf1eda5f7be824;hb=HEAD>

Or you can do a git pull (and look at pcp/src/pmdas/logger in the
resulting tree):
# git clone git://sources.redhat.com/git/systemtap.git

When installed, the PMDA creates a config file containing a NAME and
PATH for logfiles to monitor.  If PATH ends in '|', the filename is
interpreted as a command that pipes output to the PMDA.

Each logfile's data appears under logger.perfile.NAME.  Each event
stream can have multiple clients attached to it.

I'd appreciate any comments on the code.  Thanks for the help.

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com