* "Try It Out" ?
@ 2006-05-17 18:29 Gavin Romig-Koch
From: Gavin Romig-Koch @ 2006-05-17 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

The web site

   http://sourceware.org/systemtap/getinvolved.html

says

Try It Out

If you are running Fedora Core 4 or newer, you can install
systemtap with yum install systemtap.

but I it's not in base, updates-released, or extra's.  What repo is it
actually in?

                                                -gavin...

* Re: "Try It Out" ?
@ 2006-05-17 18:43 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2006-05-17 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gavin Romig-Koch; +Cc: systemtap

Gavin Romig-Koch <gavin@redhat.com> writes:

> [...]
> > If you are running Fedora Core 4 or newer, you can install
> > systemtap with "yum install systemtap".
>
> but I it's not in base, updates-released, or extra's.  [...]

Snapshots are pushed into haphazardly into base or nearby.  The last
one went into FC4 core/updates/updates-testing.  The last RHEL4-bound
snapshot did not make it into FC5 for some minor build glitch, but we
can try again.

- FChE

* Re: "Try It Out" ?
@ 2006-05-17 23:14   ` Tim Bird
From: Tim Bird @ 2006-05-17 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: Gavin Romig-Koch, systemtap

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Gavin Romig-Koch <gavin@redhat.com> writes:
>
>> [...]
>>> If you are running Fedora Core 4 or newer, you can install
>>> systemtap with "yum install systemtap".
>> but I it's not in base, updates-released, or extra's.  [...]
>
> Snapshots are pushed into haphazardly into base or nearby.  The last
> one went into FC4 core/updates/updates-testing.  The last RHEL4-bound
> snapshot did not make it into FC5 for some minor build glitch, but we
> can try again.

Will FC4 SystemTap RPMS work on RedHat Enterprise Linux ES or WS?
 -- Tim

=============================
Tim Bird
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Electronics
=============================

* Re: "Try It Out" ?
@ 2006-05-18  0:05     ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2006-05-18  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Bird; +Cc: Gavin Romig-Koch, systemtap

Hi -

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 04:14:31PM -0700, Tim Bird wrote:
> [...]
> Will FC4 SystemTap RPMS work on RedHat Enterprise Linux ES or WS?

Maybe, but they don't need to - RHEL has its own proper RPMs available
over RHN.

- FChE

* Re: "Try It Out" ?
@ 2006-05-17 20:28 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2006-05-17 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stone, Joshua I; +Cc: systemtap

Hi -

Josh wrote:

> Would it be possible to get the weekly snapshot built and loaded into
> the 'development' or 'extras-development' repos?  [...]

Yes, that's a possibility.  The RH's current internal build system
makes automated builds somewhat unfun.  Plus, development-stream RPMs
would not necessarily install on any particular Fedora release.

- FChE

* RE: "Try It Out" ?
@ 2006-05-17 19:38 Stone, Joshua I
From: Stone, Joshua I @ 2006-05-17 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: systemtap

On Wednesday, May 17, 2006 11:43 AM, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Snapshots are pushed into haphazardly into base or nearby.  The last
> one went into FC4 core/updates/updates-testing.  The last RHEL4-bound
> snapshot did not make it into FC5 for some minor build glitch, but we
> can try again.

Would it be possible to get the weekly snapshot built and loaded into
the 'development' or 'extras-development' repos?  I assume it needs to
go through a certain amount of testing to go into 'updates' or 'extras',
but it would be nice if we had RPMS available somewhere.

Josh