From: Quentin Barnes <qbarnes@urbana.css.mot.com>
To: David Smith <dsmith@redhat.com>
Cc: systemtap@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: ARM port of testsuite and general testsuite fixes
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 20:00:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>>There wasn't that much in the log:
>
>I need the output from systemtap.log, not systemtap.sum.  The former has
>the complete output.

That _was_ from systemtap.log.  That was as complete as the log
gets for this test.  Is there a way to get it to put more in the log?

(Systemtap.sum is nearly the same.  It is only missing the four warning
messages and the "testcase ..  completed in ..." message that show up
in systemtap.log.)

>>Grumble.  It looks like this test is expecting to be invoked
>>from the Makefile only.  Is this a legal assumption?  There's no
>>supported way to run some tests directly outside of the Makefile,
>>or is this test busted?
>
>To run this test outside of the makefile, you'd do:
>
># SYSTEMTAP_RUNTIME=/usr/local/share/systemtap/runtime \
>SYSTEMTAP_TAPSET=/usr/local/share/systemtap/tapset \
>LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/systemtap \
>runtest --tool_opts install --tool systemtap \
>--srcdir `pwd` systemtap.base/cache.exp
>
>(You might need to customize the above command line for the way you
>compile - the above assumes an install location of /usr/local and that
>you compile in your source directory.)
>
>Most other tests probably wouldn't need the environment variables, but
>this one does.
>
>BTW, the above command line is just running the test the way the
>makefile would - do "make -n installcheck".

Okay, I'll adjust my script.

Quentin