On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:28:02AM +0800, Zhiwei Ying wrote: > I have a develop board, which runs linux 2.6.35. The board is > connected to a fedora 12. I cross-compile the systemtap script to > generate trace.ko, and copy the trace.ko to run the instrumented code > on the board. > > If I compiled the trace.ko on fc13, then everything is fine. The trace > log is generated correctly. But if I compiled the trace.ko on fc12, > whatever I use the stap on fc12 or compile a systemtap 1.4 myself, I > cannot see correct trace log on the board after running. The trace.ko > cannot generate any log from application, but only able to trace > probe.end. > > I didn't see any compile error msg on fc12 system. > > Any idea to solve this problem. I cannot drop fc12 now and don't want > to use another fc13 to compile the script. I would rebuild both the working and non-working versions of the module with -vvvvv and try to find any difference in there. Failing that, I would look at differences in the modules themselves (maybe with objdump and diff) then try to figure out where it comes from. A more detailed description of what (doesn't) work(s) would also help.