On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 02:18:26PM -0600, David Smith wrote: > A couple of these don't make any sense to me: > > > * hash_64 > > * hash_ptr > > There is nothing that those 2 functions do that can crash the kernel. > Those functions (should be) always inlined. I'd guess the problem isn't > those two functions, but the function that is calling them. Is there a way to blacklist a single place where one of these is inlined? I don't think blacklisting the offending function where these are inlined would prevent the crash with 'probe kernel.function("hash_64") {}'. Or would it? After some testing with 3.2.0 and .call, only these two functions have caused crashes so far (in KVM): * inat_get_opcode_attribute * native_set_debugreg The first of these is already included in the blacklist of systemtap git HEAD, but the second one is new. Sami