* Urgent Help!
@ 2006-03-04  2:59 Kevin Jia
From: Kevin Jia @ 2006-03-04  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

I'm a systemtap beginner, so I need more source code of test and the
manual of systemtap instruction. You can send me some or tell me the
website. Thank you very much!

* Re: Urgent Help!
@ 2006-03-04 15:13 ` William Cohen
From: William Cohen @ 2006-03-04 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Jia; +Cc: systemtap

Kevin Jia wrote:
> I'm a systemtap beginner, so I need more source code of test and the
> manual of systemtap instruction. You can send me some or tell me the
> website. Thank you very much!

Sorry there isn't a nice document document on the website describing how
to build/run tests. There are runtime tests that can be checked out with:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/systemtap login
{enter "anoncvs" as the password}
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/systemtap co tests

There are a number of tests in the subdirectories of tests/testsuite.
Just do a "find -path "*.stp" and you will see them. The tests are run
with "runtest --tool=systemtap" in the tests/testsuite directory.

There is a script, tests/tools/stap_testing, that automatically pulls
down the current cvs snapshots and build things in your home directory.
It expects to have the source code for elfutils-0.119 around in
rh-rpm/BUILD. It should give you some insight on how to run and build
things. However, you might want to stick to using the already built
SystemTap RPMs available for Fedora Core.

-Will

* Re: Urgent Help!
@ 2006-03-05  4:35   ` Kevin Jia
From: Kevin Jia @ 2006-03-05  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)