* Can kernel.statement access the function argument?
@ 2011-04-08  3:52 voyager1983
From: voyager1983 @ 2011-04-08  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

Hi, All

I am trying to access the argument of kernel function in kernel.statement
probe point. But I get the error message:

semantic error: not accessible at this address (0xc01a82e0): identifier
'$irq' at question.stp:2:38
        source:         printf("irq number is %d\n", $irq)
                                                     ^
Pass 2: analysis failed.  Try again with another '--vp 01' option.

The question.stp file is as below:

probe kernel.statement("handle_IRQ_event@kernel/irq/handle.c:376"){
        printf("irq number is %d\n", $irq)
}

I am using SystemTap 1.3 on Ubuntu10.10 to trace the kernel 2.6.35.9.

Are we allowed to access the function argument in kernel.statement probe
point? If not, is there any walk around solution?

Thanks!
Joey