* TODOs of kprobe-booster
@ 2006-03-09 16:02 Satoshi Oshima
From: Satoshi Oshima @ 2006-03-09 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap
  Cc: Vara Prasad, Jim Keniston, Hien Q Nguyen,
	Ananth N Mavinakayanahalli, Keshavamurthy, Anil S,
	Hideo AOKI@redhat, sugita, Masami Hiramatsu

Hi all,

Kprobe-booster has survived in 2.6.16-rc5-mm3.
We want to prepare the next step.

I summarize TODOs of kprobe-booster.

multi probe booster:
Current kprobe-booster lose boostability when multiple
probes is put on the same address. Multi-probe-booster
solve this problem. First patch has already posted on
systemtap-ml and need to be reviewed. And also some
tweaks such as jprobe support is required.

multi byte instruction support on i386:
kprobe-booster should support multi byte instruction.
Current kprobe-booster only boosts single byte
instruction. Prefix or 2 byte instructions are
not supported.

support other architectures:
Currently, i386 architecture is only supported.
Porting to other architectures is needed. We have
started working on x86_64. And we also have a plan
to work on IA64.

But we have little experience of development on IA64.
And we don't have any hardware of other architectures.
We need your help such as some advice, review and
volunteer for porting to others such as ppc64 or sparc.

Thanks,
Satoshi

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-03-09 16:02 UTC | newest]