* Re: Test Results for 5/27 snapshot on SMP ia86 2.6.16.rt22 Real-time
@ 2006-05-30 22:50 David Sperry
From: David Sperry @ 2006-05-30 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

Thanks for the reply Guanglei, Yes I am using Ingo's patch set. It does look like most of the problems are with stap not finding symbols. I'm guessing you are right that it has to do with the RT patch set. I'll take a look at the -vvv and see if I can track down the symbols. It will be a good way for me to understand what is going on.

My ultimate goal is to use LKET and the eclipse tptp project to instrument a distributed realtime project running Ingo's patch. Does anyone know of people working with systemtap and Ingo Molnar's RT patch set?

Thanks
Dave

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

       Li Guanglei
             <guanglei@cn.ibm.
             Sent by:                  "dave sperry at ieee dot
             systemtap-owner@s         org"@ausmtp05.au.ibm.com
             ourceware.org                                              cc
                                       systemtap@sources.redhat.com
                                                                   Subject
             05/29/2006 11:41          Re: Test Results for 5/27 snapshot
             PM                        on SMP ia86 2.6.16.rt22

David Sperry ??:

>> Hi,
>>    I'm just getting started using systemtap. Here are the check results

for

>>    the 5/27 snapshot on my 2way ia32 SMP Box (IBM 6850-p4u), RHEL4 U2

with

>>    kernel  2.6.16-rt22 SMP PREEMPT Mon May 29 06:24:33 EDT 2006 i686
>> i686 i386 GNU/Linux

>> 6 of 194 tests failed
>> Please report to systemtap@sources.redhat.com
>>
>> FAIL: ./testsuite/semok/twelve.stp
>> FAIL: ./testsuite/semok/twenty.stp
>> FAIL: ./testsuite/buildok/four.stp
>> FAIL: ./testsuite/buildok/sched_test.stp
>> FAIL: ./testsuite/buildok/scsi.stp
>> FAIL: ./testsuite/buildok/syscall.stp

I tried on 2.6.16-1.2211_FC6 on my thinkpad, it only reported the
following failures:
  testsuite/buildok/sched_test.stp
  testsuite/buildok/seven.stp

But my thinkpad is not a SMP box. And I guess most of your failures
are related with the -rt patch. Is this patch from
http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt ?

You can also use -vvv option to get more details and posted it here, e.g:
stap -p4 -vvv ./testsuite/buildok/sched_test.stp (use -p4 with buildok/*)

or:
stap -p2 -vvv ./testsuite/semok/twenty.stp (use -p2 with semok/*)

- Guanglei

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-05-30 22:50 UTC | newest]