* RE: Fwd: Systemtap support for disk i/o per pid
@ 2006-06-01  5:57 Nguyen, Thang P
From: Nguyen, Thang P @ 2006-06-01  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Li Guanglei, James Dickens; +Cc: systemtap

As for disk I/O, currently I am also adding more hooks into ioscheduler
tapset to track disk activities such as block I/O location and estimate
disk seek time.  Li, I can send you what I have, and see where to fit
(or perhaps consolidate) them if necessary.

Thang

From: Li Guanglei @ 2006-06-01 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nguyen, Thang P; +Cc: James Dickens, systemtap, Jose Santos

Nguyen, Thang P ??:
> As for disk I/O, currently I am also adding more hooks into ioscheduler
> tapset to track disk activities such as block I/O location and estimate
> disk seek time.  Li, I can send you what I have, and see where to fit
> (or perhaps consolidate) them if necessary.

Great. I read your codes, it looks good but I have one comment. I
think ioscheduler may not be a suitable category for submit_bio and
other alias definitions like disk activities. I think we should define
new stap files and alias categories for these probes. Do you think so?

I also copied this mail to Jose Santos since he is also the one doing
LKET work with me.

- Guanglei

@ 2006-05-29  6:39       ` Li Guanglei
From: Li Guanglei @ 2006-05-29  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Dickens; +Cc: systemtap

       [not found]   ` <cd09bdd10605281208w55049690s93d6c280237d34b8@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2006-05-28 19:10     ` James Dickens
From: James Dickens @ 2006-05-28 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

resending due to improper mime type on the original