* String parsing in stap script
@ 2006-11-09 19:42 Mike Mason
From: Mike Mason @ 2006-11-09 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

I'm trying to figure out how to parse a string in a stap script.  Ideally, I'd like a function like strsep() where I pass in a string and delimiter and get back a token and a pointer to the string past the token. Given that a stap function can only pass back one value, I don't see how to accomplish this.  Any suggestions or is this just not possible?

BTW, my initial reason for wanting this is to pass an array from a shell script to a stap script.  I figure I can just pass it as one long delimited string, then parse it on the stap side to get it back in array form.

- Mike