* Many UNTESTED messages in test results
@ 2007-01-10 17:38 Mike Mason
From: Mike Mason @ 2007-01-10 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

What does it mean (besides the obvious) when I see a lot of UNTESTED messages (~80) in the test results?  What would cause this?

Mike

* Re: Many UNTESTED messages in test results
@ 2007-01-10 18:48 ` David Smith
From: David Smith @ 2007-01-10 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Mason; +Cc: systemtap

Mike Mason wrote:
> What does it mean (besides the obvious) when I see a lot of UNTESTED
> messages (~80) in the test results?  What would cause this?

It means that the test wasn't run...  But that's ok because you
(probably) ran "make check" instead of "make installcheck".  The first
one skips tests that actually run probes, therefore you'll get lots of
"UNTESTED" messages.

In general, any test that is UNTESTED didn't get run because you told it
not to run ("make check" vs. "make installcheck") or perhaps the test
checks for a certain system feature you don't have.

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com