Hi, I have been looking at instrumenting the slab allocator in the kernel. I have written a couple of scripts to collect data to give people a better idea what is going on with the slab allocator. I am looking for feedback on the scripts. Currently they don't work with the 2.6.24 kernels (or things using the slub allocator). I know that the tokenize() function isn't need for newer versions of stap. The slabuse2.stp script takes a string listing the slab object that it should monitor. The second argument is a threshold when to collect data. When the number allocations of an object is greater than the number of frees for that object stack backtraces are recorded. When the script is stopped with a control-c it prints out the top 20 slab allocations and top 20 stack back traces. For example: stap slabuse2.stp -g "ext3_inode_cache dentry_cache" 100 The cache_grow.stp records backtraces for for the various times that slabs need to be grown in size. I would like to extend these to work with newer kernels and provide better rendering of information. Comments? -Will