Hi Frank, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote: > Hi - > > On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 12:04:43PM -0400, Masami Hiramatsu wrote: >> [...] >> I think adding those fields increases the overhead of cleanup/initialize >> and memory usage. So I decided to introduce new structure for that. >> Could you tell me what the advantage of those separated fields is? > > It's not a big difference, just that we tend to keep such data in the > context. I mostly don't like the new struct being passed by void-* > and then suffering unprotected dereference in the embedded-c > functions. > > (Extra memory consumption is negligible - one more word per CPU. > Initialization time/space could be further reduced if > per-probe-point-type data were gathered into unions.) OK, so here is the updated patch, which also includes stapprobes.5 update :-) Thank you, -- Masami Hiramatsu Software Engineer Hitachi Computer Products (America) Inc. Software Solutions Division e-mail: mhiramat@redhat.com